OZITALY helps native English speakers from Australia find a suitable host family in Italy where they can live an extraordinary authentic Italian experience. If you fancy a holiday at no cost to fully enjoy the food, the art, the nature, the history, and the culture of this wonderful country, this programme suits you perfectly!
1. You can choose your start date. You can choose to go any time of the year that works best for you. Placements last 1, 2 or 3 months.
2. You can choose your host family. OzItaly suggests a list of suitable host families but it’s you who chooses the one that you prefer. You have plenty of time and opportunities to get to know your host family before making any decision.
3. Experience life as a local by living with a host family. Your host family will provide you with authentic home cooked meals, a comfortable bedroom, and will also be your personal local tour guide! Host families will love to teach their homestay teachers about their country, show them around and introduce them to their family and friends. You will become a part of the family and community, which is way more exciting than being a tourist! It is essential that the homestay accommodation is of high quality and provides a safe, comfortable and caring environment, therefore host families go through a selection process which aims to identify the most suitable candidates.
4. Flexible schedule and lots of free time to travel. When you are a homestay teacher, you only teach English for 8 hours per week. The rest of the time is yours to explore your new home, travel and make friends.
5. It’s inexpensive! Living in Europe can get expensive when you add up the cost of meals and hotels or apartments and utilities. But when you live with a host family, you don’t have to worry about any of this.
6. Assistance with all paperwork related to your working holiday visa, both in Australia and in Italy. If you come to Italy on a working holiday visa, you will be allowed to live and work in Italy for a maximum of 1 year and travel to and in all the other European countries (conditions apply). Depending on your experience and qualifications, you may also be able to look for a job as an English teacher in local schools and organizations (always in high demand in this area). Note: to be eligible for a Working Holiday Visa you MUST be aged 18 to 30.
7. It’s an excellent starting point if you are intetested in a career as an English teacher in Italy. There is a high demand for mother tongue teachers in Italy and schools and associations are constantly looking for international staff. This exchange programme gives you the chance to have a good look around and consider job opportunities without rushing.
- be an Australian citizen;
- be aged 22 to 45, older applicants considered;
- be in good health;
- have some experience with children;
- have teaching experience (teaching degree or a CELTA/TESOL/TEFL qualification preferable but not essential).
Contact Ozitaly to receive an application form and detailed information. Applying for the exchange programme is FREE.
Ozitaly mainly operates in the Veneto Region, however some of the host families live in other parts of Italy. Check and follow Ozitaly Facebook page for updates.